1855 – First school in Belmond taught in granary on the hill.
1856 – First school in south Belmond held in former log cabin on west side of Franklin Grove.
1857 – First school building built west of Iowa River on the hill.
1858 – Second school (brick) built on hill to replace first school. Burned in 1863.
1863 – Frame building, largest in county, built on the hill. Used until Belmond Independent School district formed in 1878 and new school erected in 1879.
No date – Little red schoolhouse built near Belmond cemetery. Later burned.
1865 – School built in south part of Franklin Grove. Later moved to north side. Called Murphy School.
No date – School built just north of Dave Kobes’ house (723 2nd Street NE) to replace little red schoolhouse. Used as Belmond school until independent district formed.
1878 – Belmond Independent School District formed.
1879 – Belmond school board buys Block 7 Morse’s Addition for school purposes for $350.00.
1879 – Two story frame school built on site of the current Parker. School in east Belmond also moved to site of new school.
1883 – Two story addition built on town school. Bell purchased for town school.
1884 – Murphy School moved to north side of Franklin Grove.
1884 – First high school (3 grades) in Belmond and Wright County formed. (Five students finished three years’ work in two).
1886 – First Belmond graduating class to graduate from first high school organized in Wright County.
1891 – Four year high school established. No graduation in 1892.
1894 – Small frame school erected next to town school
1895 – 1896 Two story brick building built on Block 7 to replace two story frame building.
1896 – New brick school dedicated on February 21, 1896. Old frame schools sold.
1910 – Caps and gowns worn for first time at graduation ceremony.
1916-1917 This brick building torn down. Bell is on display at Belmond Historical Museum.
1916-1917 Three story brick building constructed on same school lot just east of old brick school.
1917 – First class to graduate from three story brick building, the current Parker School.
1941 – New gym built and former basement gym remodeled into lunchroom with two new classrooms above.
1952 – Ramsay Elementary Building built.
1954 – Belmond consolidates with Goodell.
1956 – Bus barn and Industrial Arts/ Vocational Agriculture classroom built.
1960 – Construction begun on new high school, auditorium, and gymnasium.
1961 – Last class to graduate from old high school.
1961 – New high school occupied.
1962 – Belmond consolidates with Rowan.
1862 – Belmond Community School District established.
1977 – Link addition and wrestling facility build at high school.
1979 – New bus barn erected.
1994 – Belmond consolidates with Klemme.
2008 – Jacobson/Belmond Elementary School occupied.